Yes, tagged (I’m it!) by the lovely Anne at Ample Sanity, to reveal Five Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me:
- I’ve always been rather shy, quiet, lacking self-confidence. However, that changed with age and I’ve become a rather bossy, opinionated and vocal advocate for my beliefs and passions. Unfortunately, I suppose I should consider that the original lack of self-confidence had a seed of reason behind it.
- I’m a jack of all trades, master of none. I can draw a little, write a little, do electrical work, plumbing, carpentry and do some housewifely things as well. Nothing particularly outstanding; neither be they inadequate.
- Love to cook, hate to bake. My specialities are stuffed shrimp, prime rib, duck, and piorogi. In deserts, I tend toward elaborate, worthwhile, time-consuming delicacies such as Italian Cream Cake (you know, triple layers with almonds, cherries, rum puddings, etc.), and crepes with all kinds of fruit and cream fillings.
- While I always have had one or two very, very close girlfriends, I’ve had many very strong and deep friendship relationships with men. Unfortunately, most men didn’t understand that level and insisted it needed to become sexual. That always fucked things up.
- I’ve decided to go with the belief in reincarnation. It ties in nicely with my Catholic upbringing if you see much of it as metaphor and symbolism. It also offers a terrific reason to get through this round and hope for the next.